Calling all Builders, Adventurers and Crafters! The time has come to put down the blocks and pick up the sketchbook! We are proud to announce a brand new Minecraft T-Shirt Design Contest: The Unsung Heroes. With 10 grand prize winners and 10 runners-up, each receiving an epic Minecraft Prize Package, you owe it to yourself to participate!
The Unsung Heroes of Minecraft:
Ghast, Squid, Wolf, Enderdragon, Ocelot, Blaze, Sheep, Iron Golem, Mooshroom.
10 Grand Prize Winners:
- $1000 Cash
- iPad Mini
- Minecraft Pocket Edition
- 5 Winning Design Contest Tees
- J!NX Minecraft Prize Package:
1 Minecraft Lego Set
6 Minecraft Tees of Choice
1 Minecraft Poster of Choice
10 Runner Up Winners:
- $500 J!NX Gift Certificate Code
- 1 Winning Design Arcade Tee of Choice
- 2 Minecraft Tees of Choice
Follow the Theme:
Your design should be based on our contest theme: Unsung Heroes of Minecraft. What are the Unsung Heroes you ask? Well everyone loves the Creeper, but our friends the Ghast, Squid, Wolf, Enderdragon, Ocelot, Blaze, Sheep, Iron Golem, and Mooshroom are all missing out on the spotlight! Focus your art on highlighting these Unsung Heroes in the Minecraft Universe. The idea is up to you, so feel free to express yourselves and be creative! All submissions must be related to the “Unsung Heroes” theme to qualify for voting. You can use other characters, but the star of your design should be one from the list.
Submissions will be accepted until Monday, June 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT. You must be a member of the J!NX Community to enter. Membership is free and only takes a minute!
Once you have created and sized your images, head over to the Submit Page to enter your design into the contest. Although you will be submitting your art at a lower resolution - 72 dpi for web - you will want to create your art at 300 dpi, with a max size of 17” wide by 21” tall. If your design is a winner, we will request the high resolution version.
Rules for Qualification:
Please keep in mind that if your art doesn’t fit our theme, it will not qualify for the contest! So, please, keep the theme in mind! Here are some rules that should give your art a shot at victory:
- Use the Submission Kit!
- Your submission must be 100% your own. No existing game assets, screenshots, logos, icons, photo sampling, etc. are allowed!
- Your design must be easily identified as a Minecraft character from the Unsung Heroes list: Ghast, Squid, Wolf, Enderdragon, Ocelot, Blaze, Sheep, Iron Golem, and Mooshroom.
- All designs must be appropriate for an audience of all ages. No nudity, profanity or mature themes. Keep it classy!
- Two images must be submitted: a 150x150 px thumbnail of your design, and a main display image which should be exactly 900 pixels wide and 533 pixels tall
- Please preserve editing capabilities (layers) in your final submission art.
Once the deadline to entry has passed, submissions will be screened by the creative team at J!NX. Upon approval, submissions will be posted on the Minecraft T-Shirt Design Contest Page for public voting. Designs that do not follow the Rules for Qualification will be removed from voting. NOTE: Not all submissions will make it to the voting stage. With these contests, we receive way too many entries to publish all of them. The voting stage still has to be manageable, so even if you follow all the rules, your submission may still not progress. For more information on rules and restrictions, please visit the Official Contest Rules Page.
Vote For Your Favorites:
Voting will commence on Thursday, June 6, and runs through Thursday, June 13, 2013. Winning entries will be selected via a combination of public votes plus input from the creative team at Mojang. The winning designs will be announced roughly two weeks after voting is complete. For more information on the voting process, please visit the Official Contest Rules Page.
What to do:
- Download our Design Kit template file and open it in Photoshop.
- Create an original design from the ground up.
- Please use only original art that you created.
- Art should be 17" x 21" created at a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Please include layers in your final art (do not flatten).
- Your final artwork should be a CMYK Photoshop or Illustrator file.
- Save two smaller snapshots of your design, one at 900x533 and a thumbnail at 150x150.
- Submit your design!
- Encourage every single person you know (and even some you don't) to vote for your design!
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Take a screen shot and just paste it onto the template.
- Swipe someone else’s art and use it as your own. You might think we won’t find out,
but we will.
- This includes images and characters from other games, movies, books, etc.
- Use blood/gore/over-the-top violence/nudity in your images. This is a family game, so be tasteful, but still be funny.