- Get Into It Home »
- Friends of J!NX
- J!NX Crew
- Our Community
"It’s when things become the most challenging that we want to quit, but that is usually the time when we are the closest to our goal. Don’t quit!"
Tim "Queue" Norris is one of the owners here at J!NX and is in charge of all of the finances here. He has been playing games since the Atari 2600 days and has fond memories of finding ways to beat the old games.
After the Atari phase, Tim moved onto bigger and better computing with the Commodore 64. From that point on Tim spent a lot of time in front of computers. Graduating from Ohio University with a degree in Computer Science, Tim has always had a interest in games and programming.
In addition to the finances here at J!NX, Queue also does a lot of strategy, planning and brainstorming for the company. Tim spend much of his youth in front of a computer, on his GT Performer, or playing golf…funny enough Tim’s adult life consists of playing games on his computer, playing golf, and spending time with his family (Sorry GT, no time for you anymore).
- It frustrates me when people misquote lines from Caddyshack. That movie was pure genious and it needs to be preserved in its original form.
- Someone once told me that the Internet was a fad and that it would go out of style in a couple years. I consider this the worst prediction I've ever heard in my entire life.
- I'm absolutely terrible at basketball. So much so that when I'm tossing soda cans in the recycle bin from 2 feet away, people make jokes that I'll miss...and I usually do!
- I actually get choked up watching the olympics sometimes. The pure desire, passion, and will people have to succeed amazes me. Then to watch someone accomplish that goal is inspiring.
- My biggest passion growing up was golfing. I learned when I was 8 and I played competitively until I was a senior in high school. I think I love the game so much because it challenges you in so many ways physically and mentally. I have gone on a golf trip with my dad almost every year since I was 13 years old.
- I am genuinely afraid of clowns.
- When I was young my parents used to give me just about every mechanical thing in the house when they were done with it so I could take it apart. I had radio parts, screws, resisters, and just about everything you could imagine on the floor of my room at some point.
- I played Kaboom for the Atari until I got over 10,000 points because you got a "surprise" at the end. I was so pissed to find out that the "surprise" was a change on the look of the face of the guy dropping the bombs. That was it...his mouth looked different. I still took a picture of the screen and got my patch .
- After watching a late night infomercial by Don LaPre (The "tiny classified ad" guy), I created Norris Enterprises and tried to sell a manual on how to do Astrology. True story. It was, how should I say this: unsuccessful. I did, however, put ads in the Globe, the Sun and the National Examiner and it was my first entrepreneurial venture, I was 18 years old.
- I read just about every single business book that comes out. Donald Trump, Richard Branson, you name it, I've probably read it.
- I can be really hard on myself when I don't do something up to my capacity. It is something I work on everyday.
- I have a great relationship with both of my parents and still rely on them for advice.
- When I was really little, I used to set an alarm so I could get up and watch Godzilla at 7am on Saturday mornings.
- My cousin Jim and I used to play D&D when I was in grade school. That was the first time I heard of it and although we didn't know what we were doing, we had a great time making up stuff in modules.
- I can't prove this, but I'm pretty sure I never got lower than an A in any math class. My dad was an engineer and he would always figure everything out on paper. I didn't realize that having that influence would be so impactful in my life.
- In high school I bought a couple of books and taught myself chess because I felt like it was a game I should know. I still love playing the game and get back into a couple times a year. About every 6 months I renew my membership to www.chessclub.com.
- Pyramid schemes are really bad ideas…unless of course you make $700 off of one in college and shortly thereafter, have the best spring break of your life.
- I like to stay up late. Not even playing games necessarily, I just like the quiet time and I feel like I can do whatever I want when its late. I don't have any responsibilites at 1:15 am and that makes me feel happy.
- I often wonder what people did before the interent exsisted. I think about my life and how much time I spend connected to the internet and I smile to think that I was born at such a cool time in the technology cycle.
- My wife, Patti, is the best listener on the face of the planet. She supports me in everything I do and I'm so lucky to have her.
- I have a secret life goal to write a movie script...well I guess it's not a secret anymore.
- If I had to pick one place to live for the rest of my life it would be in Hawaii. I just can't get enough of that place.
- I have over a dozen magazine subscriptions.
- My friend Zar and I once completed the Super Contra 2 video game on a total of 3 quarters. We used to play at the movie theater every Sunday all throughout high school.
- My daughter, Lexi, has made me think twice about running red lights, having another beer before I leave, or basically doing anything that would put me in any unnecessary danger. It's funny, she can't even talk yet, but she has helped me understand who and I and who I want to be more than anyone.
On The Web
My Daily links I visit:
Hightide: Warcraft Character
JINX - Level 80 Warrior