- Get Into It Home »
- Friends of J!NX
- J!NX Crew
- Our Community
If you’re frightened of dying, and you’re holding on, you’ll see devils tearing your life away. If you’ve made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth. – Louis, Jacob’s Ladder 1990
Chiaki AKA “Pintress” is the resident graphics guru here the J!NX Fortress. She’s been drawin’ and paintin’ since the movie Jaws came out and she became obsessed with drawing sharks over and over again. Started her graphic design career interning at a small weekly newspaper being in charge of the stat camera and waxing galleys. If you don’t know what that means, look it up in the ancient history of “Making Print Look Pretty” archives.
- I was born in Atlanta, Georgia but grew up in Austin, Texas...Hook ‘em Horns!
- I looooove San Francisco... we lived there for over 13 years.
- The love for my family can cover the world.
- We have an old man cat called Chewie... sometimes I call him my furry son.
- I love to paint on huge canvasses with oils or acrylic.
- Books, books.. I love books! Here’s but a few I have loved. Geek Love, Cruddy, American Gods, American Psycho, A Wrinkle in Time, Eragon, Dune, Snow Crash, Enders Game, any good sci-fi, The Harry Potter series(I know, I know), anything by Herman Hess, Gore Vidal, Kirt Vonnegut or Ray Bradbury, all biographies great and small. And more... oh so much more! I also have a fairly unhealthy obsession with Neil Gaiman... I’m rereading the Sandman graphic novel Preludes and Nocturnes at the moment.
- I love movies...some mainstream ones, some not so mainstream...I’m not that picky, just treat me as if I had half a brain. Here’s a taste: Blade Runner, Blade Runner, Blade Runner, Tokyo Decadence, Secretary, Serenity, Memento, Withnail and I, The Professional, Pi, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoki, Kill Bill vol 1, The Triplets of Belleville, The Exorcist, The Poltergeist, Lord of the Rings (the trilogy), The Fifth Element, Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation, Tropic of Thunder, Iron Man, Surfs Up... too many to mention them all.
- I like to get outside too! Snowboarding, surfing, swimming, river rafting, camping are all good things!
- Yoga is my friend
- I’ve played bass in some bands. Nothing, I mean NOTHING feels like playing in front of a live crowd.
- I used to be a bartender...it was great fun but it almost killed me...I’ll have to tell you that story off-line...LOL.
- I love to cook... I mean really love to cook... I love recipe books, I love cooking shows, my husband thinks I should have my own show but I find it really satisfying just to cook for my family & friends.
- I used to be a punk-rocker... all fire and ice but now I’m more of a free spirit (if you haven’t guessed already) and I have a insatiable appetite for all things metaphysical and paranormal. Dare I say I’m kinda new age-y... eeeeeek!
- I’m absolutely petrified of going on rollercoasters... but I have parachuted out of a plane...and will do it again.