Brian "Nooch" Berling is the Operations Manager for
J!NX. He rose to
this prestigious position by being the first official employee of Jinx,
Inc. As a child, Nooch often injured himself by tying towels and/or blankets
around his neck and jumping off the couch. He received a BS in English
from the acclaimed San Diego State University, which is put to a lot
of use sitting in a drawer somewhere. We’re told the frame it’s housed
in is very pretty.
Nooch supplies a generous amount of the content you will find in our
community section, including the polls, quizzes, and, of course, his
titular comic reviews. While not at the fortress, you may discover him
destroying limbs across the landscape of XBOX Live, or on one of many
volleyball courts strewn across San Diego.
- I learned a hell of a lot about music and the music industry while
working for a record shop during my college years.
- For those who know me personally, I know more about comics than anyone
you will ever meet in your life. Unless you're Craig or Gabe.
- I was a Tetris whiz in High School.
- Though I majored in English with an emphasis in creative writing,
I haven't written a poem since I graduated college. Hopefully, that
will change by the time you read this.
- I believe that the primary objective for getting a college education
should be to improve one's whole self, not just obtain skills for one
- Case in point - I got what I thought was my dream job straight out
of college. That was until I actually got my dream job, which was about
a year after.
- I'm way too into way too many things. So much so that I don't have
any time to be as into any one thing as I would like.
- Legos are fun until you're done building them.
- I have managed to reconcile my religious beliefs with my objective
understanding of reality/the universe.
- The best thing I have ever done in my life is be Gavin's dad.
- I changed my major during my third semester in college, after the
drop w/o consequences date. Thus, I pretty much failed that entire
semester except for one class because I stopped going to my engineering
- One of the classes I didn't fail that semester was a writing course.
- My cousin shot me in the knee with a BB gun on accident. The first
thing he said: "Don't tell your dad!"
- My dad is badass. I've seen him on more than one occasion strike
another human in anger. I don't recommend being on the receiving end
- I wish I could draw.
- One of the best parts of my "job" is coming up with our
weekly quiz. It's a fun way to develop knowledge of topics I may not
- The last time I consumed alcohol outside of an innocuous toast was
at my bachelor party. I don't remember it, therefore can not be held
accountable for any action I may or may not have taken.
- I'm pretty sure that my wife is smarter than I am.
- I met my wife when I was 4 and distinctly remember having a crush
on her even back then. We didn't hook up until a week after I graduated
- Pirating software/movies/music/audiobooks is not the worst thing
in the world.
- I've had difficulty in the past in finding a sense of cultural identity.
- I keep my contacts in for far longer than recommended.
- Anyone who knows will tell you that Batman would win in a fight with
- I very often tell people that I work in the fashion industry.
- I am considered tall for a Filipino, but below average for everybody
else, which plays very well into my cultural identity conflict.
I once visited a certain Metropolis landmark.
This is but a sampling of my Transformers collection. This particular section features many from the Beast Wars/Machines line.
At such a young age, it was obvious what direction my life was going to take. The stuffed bear was not mine. Too girly.
Me and my lovely lady, Kat.
Kat and me when we brought home our son, Gavin.
Fear the laser-gaze of Chewy!
Kat and I had to help Gavin blow out candles on his first birthday.
I am a sad pirate. Or I had too much of the Pucker Powder.
For an Asian guy, I’m not as good at Ping Pong as you’d expect.
My Daily links I visit:
JINX - Level 77 Orc Hunter