Kyle “Superfly” McCarthy is the Deacon of Sales & Networking and
somewhat a “jack of all trades” here at J!NX. His typical work day consists
of networking, marketing, wholesale, biz dev, trolling the forums, “twitters”,
and making as many Facebook friends as possible. He’s been hitting the
consoles hard since his Nintendo and Sega filled youth.
As both time and his thoughts of being good at video games passed he
started to tear apart miscellaneous computers in his basement and publish
poorly coded HTML pages to the interwebz via notepad. The future neared
and the coding didn’t prove to be getting any better so he set out to
learn how to make people like him and spread his good words through marketing.
Today he can be found with a new friend every few minutes and a database
of memories nowhere near full. He eats way too many sugar cookies, drives
too fast, listens to too much country, keeps his hair long with a hair-tie
near, and always wears his “Superfly” glasses at night.
Anything beyond that is entirely unknown...
- The first video game I ever played was Dick Tracy. I was sad to learn
my brother was actually controlling the game with the other controller and
I was doing nothing.
- I once ran a poorly written forum site in middle school. It was all
the rage until some kid owned a teacher on it which led to its downfall.
- I made my MySpace in 2005 after being strongly opposed for about a year. I
visit it no more than once every two months.
- I’ve been tearing apart computers in my basement since I was ten.
- I LOVE to climb stuff, mostly rocks but anything will do. I once
climbed a 25 foot ledge in flip flops. When I was two I frequently
climbed into the clubhouse my Dad built for me and then proceed to cry because
I couldn’t get down.
- I’m pretty into mountain bike riding. Windminstral and I take frequent
trips through streams and heavily wooded areas.
- I was 3 when I first drove a car by myself. I put my aunts car into
neutral and rolled down the driveway into the neighbor’s yard across the
street. A week later when I learned how to ride a two-wheeler bike
few were impressed.
- I play a fair amount of disc golf. I once aced hole two at Roscoe
Ewing’s course in Medina. Not that anyone knows where that is.
- When I went to visit my sister in Oklahoma last year I spent my entire
trip acting out scenes from the movie Twister.
- I have too many friends. It’s true, and I feel terrible about it. I
am perpetually meeting awesome people that I want to know but I can never
seem to make time for everyone.
- I spent New Year’s Eve this year in Times Square. It’s just my luck
that the night I decide to do it goes down in history as the coldest New
Year in Times Square history. 11 hours, standing, in sub-zero temperatures… What
- I always drive in excess of the posted speed. I once got pulled over
in Pennsylvania when I thought I was doing 110 but I was only clocked at
88. My radar detector saved me on that one! Sure, I got a ticket
but, it gave me enough warning to not lose my license.
- I was born in Pittsburgh and am a huge Steelers fan. I have a Steelers
helmet mailbox to go with my “fanship”. If that’s not a word it is
- Last year at DEFCON I almost got arrested after Windminstral threw me in
the pool “after hours”. The J!NX crew was swarmed by about 4 copper
heads questioning the occurrence. Later Jinx and I convinced Queue
we were fined $500. Overall, great night.
- I am somewhere between 100 and 762.3 (repeating of course)% Irish. Every
year I spend St. Patrick’s Day weekend following around the best Irish band
on the planet, The Shaffer Brother’s Band (www.myspace.com/shafferbrothersband),
hit them up and be happy.
- I have a better memory than anyone alive. That’s not self proclaimed
either, anyone will tell you that.
- I’ve been told my best talent is the ability to make friends with anyone
within 10 seconds of first meeting them.
- I’m all about controversy. The movie Zeitgeist (www.zeitgeistmovie.com)
is definitely in my top 5.
- Though it is a tough call I am 63% sure my all time favorite song is Serpentine
by Ani DiFranco (www.anidifranco.com)
- I used to have a cat named Smokey. Throughout his life he bit pretty
much everyone he came into contact with. He also got caught in a plastic
bag and ran around the house, ate like 14 meals a day, and was feared by
all the neighborhood animals.
- I now have a black labradoodle named Mira. She doesn’t really do
much besides be afraid of the fake dog statue thing I have under my coffee
table at my house and flip out at the sight of anyone she hasn’t seen in
over 5 minutes.
- In my youth my Mom would pretend to hit me at red lights so the people
in the car behind us thought I was being abused.
- I like to drive vehicles in areas that aren’t always meant to be driven
in. This includes lakes, mud-bogs, people’s yards, and really anywhere
else I can get to.
- When I was like three I used to bite people a lot. My dad always
punished me by putting “hot sauce” in my mouth. I have a strict hatred
for anything remotely spicy.
- I have a smile, if you can even call it that, that has been coined as “The
Kyle”. It’s pretty stupid and can be found in 98% of my pictures
Exercising my self proclaimed right to roll vehicles through any area of the planet.
New Years Eve 08- Trying to stay warm in Times Square.
Free climbing a random ledge I stumbled upon. Flip Flops FTW!
Rocking the J!NX skull on the back of my ride.
I'm not sure there is an accurate description of this picture...
Dream Team (Myself, Skydog, and Brolo) and BlizzCon.
I think it goes without saying that the quality of The Simpsons far exceeds that of the plagiarized Family Guy.
The best cat that ever lived chillin' in a bathroom sink.
The replacement pet going swimming at Windminstral's wiener's house.
Getting ready to go mountain bike riding with Windminstral.
Not really sure how to explain this... But the glasses I am pimping are the origin of the name "Superfly".
I can't remember the technical name for this but I do know that I did it with my friend Lisa.
My Daily links I visit:
JINX - Tauren Warrior